Saturday, September 06, 2014

The Mini India…. Naah Not Mumbai or Delhi..… Its Bengaluru!!!

Yes.. Thats just about it.. But why!!! Mumbai or Delhi have been the melting pot of various Indian cultures for decades…. Well I may be factually wrong but though Mumbai & Delhi may still have more migrant population, but the level of integration in Bengaluru is just amazing… In addition, per my humble views, Bengaluru has been the least intolerant… Let me explain why….

As a tamilian, I always knew Bengaluru had a sizeable tamil population. DUring my first visit to the city, I was almost shocked, when a driver in the old airport walked up to me and started talking to me in Tamil without me even uttering a word…. The telugu connection is well known due to the Rayalaseema boundary… But its almost amazing to know that there are localities were they speak telugu just like its Andhra..

Ok all said and done, wheres the migration angle come down… well we have an abundance of mallus as well.. Oh yes.. Mallus can be everywhere, didnt we know that our own mallu nair served tea to Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin….
We have the odiyas & Bongs invading Bengaluru like never before… during my last few visits I have noticed many shops with signboards in odiya & bangla!!! Even the rising population of the easterners in my office is an evidence too… And know what there are other north eastern brethren as well… The train and flight connectivity to other parts of teh country from Bengaluru is fast catching up and has seen an amazing growth… I dont say this… A host of people from caretakers of serviced apartments that form my temp. homes and conversations with colleagues indicate this….

There is a joke doing the rounds in whatsapp saying the languages of Bengaluru are C++, Python C# et al… I say the languages if Bengaluru are English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Odiya, Bangla, and ofcourse there is Kannada too :-)

Yes there are fringe elements who oppose this but on a whole Bangaloreans ( uh the real ones) seem perfectly at harmony… That makes Bengaluru the mini India!!!

PS: Well Bengaluru you may be so good …. but aamchi Pune is the place to be any day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment